Divine Kingdom Baptist Ministries (DKBM) was founded in July 2008 by Dr. Ian Ndlovu. We believe in the sovereignty of God, the Lordship of Jesus Christ through his Word (the Bible) and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.
In February 2008 Pastor Ian relocated from a small town in Zimbabwe called Gwanda to Bulawayo. It was during this period that God prompted him to establish a church in Nkulumane, a suburb in the city of Bulawayo. The ministry started as a small prayer group with three people. Since 2008 the ministry has undergone several stages of growth.
To evangelise nations and to enhance Kingdom consciousness and capacities in believers.
Linking people to the glorious Kingdom of God.
Statement of faith
The Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the basis for any statement of faith.
- We believe the Holy Bible as the inspired Word of God, without any error, the all-sufficient authority in matters of faith, doctrine, and Christian living. We believe that the Holy Bible consisting of 39 books of the Old Testament, and 27 books of the New Testament, is the inspired and infallible Word of God.This Word of God is flawless, therefore no addition or subtraction to the Word, can be tolerated. The Bible is our only source of instruction and guidance, as regards to the Christian life. We take the Bible as the final authority in deciding any conduct in a Christian’s life, and service to the Almighty God. Where the Word of Jesus Christ or the Word of God in the New Testament, makes a reformation or an amendment to the Word in the Old Testament, we take the Word of Jesus Christ, or the Word of God in the New Testament; as the final authority, which annuls the former Word or commandment (2 Timothy 3:16-17; Proverbs 30:5-6; Deuteronomy 12:32; Matthew 5:21-48; Hebrews 7:18-19,22; 9:1-10; Revelation 22:18-19).
- We believe in one, true and indivisible God who is the Creator of the whole universe and thus is its Universal Sovereign. We believe that God is thus the ultimate source of all legitimate forms of authority and power throughout the universe (Genesis 1; Psalm 90 verses 1-3; Matthew 3:16-17; 28:19-20; Colossians 1:3, 14-16; Acts 5:3-4; 11:6-7; John 17:21-23).
- We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, and that in him dwells humanity and the essence of divinity. He died on the cross for our sins. He rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven where He sits at the right hand of God the Father and is now our High Priest and Advocate. (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; Philippians 2:6-8; Romans 1:3-4; Hebrews 4:14-15; Romans 6:5-11; Luke 24:36-40; 1corinthians 15:3-8; John 20:17; Acts 1:9-11; Hebrews 3 Verses 1-6).
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is, therefore, lost. Only through regeneration by the work of the Holy Spirit can man’s salvation and spiritual life be obtained (Genesis 1:26-31, ch. 2; ch. 3; Daniel 9:20-27; Luke 22:14-20; John 3:1-21; ch. 14:6; Romans 5:1-8).
- We believe that eternal salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from man’s works, and is possessed by any and all who have faith in and receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour (John 1:12-18; Romans 2-7; Galatians 2-4; Revelation 22:12-17).We believe in a regenerated church membership: that is, persons old enough to understand their need for Jesus Christ and, of their own free will, accepted Him as their personal Lord and Saviour (Matthew 28:16-20; Mark 16:15-20; Acts 2:5-42; ch. 8:25-39).
- We believe that baptism is by immersion and the Lord’s Supper is a memorial to His suffering and death on the cross. These are ordinances to be observed by the church in its present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means for man’s salvation (Matthew 3:13-17; ch. 28:19-20; John 3:22, 23; Acts 2:37-42; ch. 8:25-39; ch. 9:17-18).
- We believe in the personal, bodily, imminent, and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ and that His second coming inspires believers for dynamic and zealous life and service for Him while waiting for His return. We believe that the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ to this earth has two phases. The first phase is when he will come for his Church and that members of the Church or Body of Christ will be caught up with Christ in the clouds, this is what is called rapture. The second phase of the Lord Jesus Christ’s coming will be when he comes back with the saints who constitute his church of body to this earth to execute judgment of the godly and ungodly alike (John 14:1-3; Luke 21:34-36; 1 Corinthians 15:51-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17, 5:4-9; 2 Thessalonians 2:5-7; Philippians 3:11, 20-21; 1 John 3:1-3).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, the everlasting blessedness of the saved in heaven, and the everlasting punishment and separation from God of the unsaved in the lake of fire which is the second death (Daniel 12:1-3; Mark 11:18-27; John 5:19-29; ch. 14:1-7; Revelation 20:11-15; ch. 21:1-4).
- We believe in the reign of the Lord Jesus Christ for a thousand years on earth, will be a literal kingdom and earthly; and will be preceded by the Second coming of Jesus Christ, coming with ten thousands of His saints, whereby, he will execute judgment on the ungodly sinners who will be living on earth (Jude 1:14-15; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10; Matthew 25:31-46). During this reign, Satan will be bound for a thousand years in his prison which the Bible calls the abyss or bottomless pit (Revelation 20:2-3). This Millennial reign of Christ will be full of peace and many blessings (Psalms 37:8-13, 27-29; ch. 65:9-13; Isaiah 11:6-9; ch. 65:25; Hosea 2:18; Zechariah 14:9-11; Isaiah 2
The ministry is led by Dr. Ian Ndlovu
Dr. Ian Ndlovu
The Senior Pastor, Dr. Ian Ndlovu is a man mightily used of God in teaching and preaching the Word of God with power. His ministry is characterized by consistent manifestations of the Holy Spirit’s gifts. He has a strong prophetic anointing and moves mightily in deliverance with signs and testimonies following. He also has a great passion for evangelism and the ministry of intercession. The man of God is also a Lecturer in Economics and Econometrics courses at the National University of Science and Technology (NUST) in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. He is married to the mighty woman of God, Evangelist (Mrs) Angel Ndlovu and they have been blessed with two children. Evangelist (Mrs) Ndlovu is the coordinator of the Women’s Fellowship and Children’s Ministry. She teaches God’s Word with simplicity, she has a passion for orphans, widows and vulnerable children .